Frequently Asked Questions
Q How can I contact Back To Africa Imports? A
We can be contacted Monday-Thursday 9-6 EST and Friday 9-3 EST
You can place an order over the phone by calling toll free 1-888-282-3563
You can fax in an order to 718-492-5150
You can also reach us by emailing [email protected]
Q What are your terms and conditions? A Terms & Conditions
All prices that are listed on this website are wholesale.
Due to the fact that we are a wholesale website our minimum order is $100. Our general policy is for any order under $100 will be assessed a $5.00 service fee. Currently, as a grand opening promotion for our new website, this fee is waived.
• The content of the pages on this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Permission is granted to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Back To Africa Corp. or purchasing Back To Africa Corp. products.
• You may display and, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, download or print portions of the material from the different areas of the site solely for your own non-commercial use, or to place an order with Back To Africa Corp. or to purchase Back To Africa Corp. products. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited, unless authorized by Back To Africa Corp.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorized use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of New York State.
Q How do I place an order online? A
Ordering online is simple and fast with Back To Africa Imports. As you're browsing through the products, when you see something you like, simply click on the button 'Add To Bag'.
Once you have clicked this button you will be redirected to your shopping cart. The shopping cart page will show everything you've ordered. If you'd like to continue browsing the online site then just click the box that says 'Continue Shopping' in the lower right hand corner of the page. Once you have added all the items you'd like to your shopping cart, click the 'Proceed To Checkout' button. Once you click the 'Proceed To Checkout' button you will be able to login or fill out your shipping/billing information.
If you have an account with Back To Africa Imports, then you can go ahead and login. If you don't have an account, yet you can click on the link 'Sign me up now!' to sign up. Having an account with Back To Africa Imports allows you to save your shipping and billing information online so that we can send you up to date catalogs, send your orders to your correct address and so you can use quick re-order view and reorder your previous shopping cart .
After you have logged in from the login page you will be redirected to a page where you will confirm your order, the shipping address, and your payment options. After you have confirmed the information, your order will be placed with Back To Africa Imports and you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
Q What types of payment terms do you offer? A
Credit/Debit Cards: We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover Card.
We also accept PayPal; you can add your Paypal information to your order.
Q How long will my order take to get to me? A
Website orders are processed and shipped on the same or next business day after they are received.
This is a UPS map. Hence, these ship times are all based on UPS shipping.
This is a Fedex map. Hence, these ship times are all based on Fedex shipping.
US Priority mail takes approximately 3- 5 days within the 48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia.
US Parcel Post takes approximately 5-10 business days. When you place your order you will be given an option to chose either UPS, FedEX or US Mail shipping.
Q How much will shipping cost? A
The shipping cost on your invoice is the same as the published shipping cost using UPS/Fedex ground shipping. This is calculated based on the approximate weight of your package. When you put items in your shopping cart, the shipping cost is calculated and adjusted according to the items you put in your cart. If you'd like to know how much your shipping cost would be for an item, you can put it in your shopping cart and then click 'check out' to see how much the shipping cost is listed for that item. All shipping costs on the website are estimated and subject to change. Once your box has been packed, the weight will be confirmed and you will be charged the amount for merchandise plus shipping.
Q What is the difference between yellow and white Shea Butter? A The difference between yellow and white Shea butter is that the yellow Shea butter has added root dye that was added
Q Does the thickness or thinness of the oil affect the quality of the oil? A No. The thickness has nothing to do with the oil quality. For ex. Egyptian Musk is the thickest oil, but it is also a very mild fragrance. Compared to the thickest oil around is Sudanese Coconut which in contrast is very thin but is very strong. It is believed that the thicker the oil the stronger the scent; that however, is a misconception. Q Why do many competitors or vendors sell oils at a much cheaper price, while your prices are higher than most? A Many people believe that they can stretch their profits by “cutting” or diluting the oils. We keep the oils at its natural potency. There are also different grades of oils. The cheaper the grade, the less expensive it is. “Grade A” oils, which we carry, are the best quality oils around. Q What is the difference between fragrance oils, and essential oils? A Essential oils are derived naturally from seeds, trees, shrubs, bushes, and flowers. These oils are extracted from the plant and produced by distillation. Fragrance oils on the other hand are blended synthetic aroma compounds, which can be more cost effective to use. Q Why does the color of the oil happen to change over time? A Depending on the season, the color of the oils can change. Since most oils have natural ingredients, the time of year they are produced will have an effect on its natural color. I.e. A crop grown in June will not have the same color as if it were to grow in January. Q What is the shelf life of your oils? A Our oils do not contain any alcohol or water, there are no problems of evaporation. The oils must be kept cool and dry, away from heat and direct sunlight. Taking these precautions will help keep the oils last for a very long time. Many oils, with time, can also increase in its richness and potency. Q I would like to add oil to my lotions, shower gels, shampoos, massage oils, etc. How much should I add to produce the aroma I’m looking for? A Each oil is stronger or weaker than the next. We suggest using 1/6th ounce of an oil for every 16 ounces of lotion, shower gel, or massage oil. It is best to use your judgment when conducting this experiment. For 16 ounces of shampoo we recommend at least 10 drops of oil. Q Should I add IPM (Isopropyl Myristate) to the oil? A We highly suggest to keep the oils the way they are. If you would like to “cut” your oils because they are too strong, then feel free to mix according to your discretion. Q How should I sell oils? What is the best way to sell them? A Oils are best sold in any roll-on bottle. Transfer them into roll-on bottles with a clean label. Roll-on bottles sell the best.